How do you know if you should consider built in refrigerators? There are some things to consider when making that decision. Because refrigerators are pricey, most people do not replace them very often. Therefore, it is important to make wise decisions when choosing them, and the choice of refrigerator is based on available resources, size of kitchen, layout of kitchen, and style preferences.
What are Built in Refrigerators ?
These are refrigerators that do not protrude past cabinetry or other architectural features of a kitchen because they are placed into walls. This design gives a seamless look for the entire kitchen, and come in many more sizes and styles than traditional refrigerators most are 84” high, 28” deep, and 24”-48” wide. In addition, the built in refrigerators are able to be customized to match the rest of your kitchen in color and texture, and as the sides of these refrigerators are not finished, they cannot be moved.
Ideal for the Family
If you have large groups of people in your home on a regular basis, they might be appealing to you. However, if you do not have the time or budget to get the kitchen ready, or if you do not intend to stay in your house for an extended period of time, built-in refrigerators may not be for you. If you decide to have one of the refrigerators, you should expect to start looking in the price range of $3000.00 and above.
The Best Built In Refrigerators 36 Brands to Consider
Since these refrigerators range from narrow to wide, 36 inches is a good, average size to begin looking at. Here is a list of good brands of built in refrigerators 36” wide:
- The 36-inch Sub-Zero comes with dual compressors and is priced around $9,000.00.
- The Sub-Zero BIUG-36 costs around $10,000.00.
- The Miele Independence Series Stainless Steel Refrigerator has separate controls for different areas. It costs about $8,000.00
- The 36-Inch Leibherr is Energy-Star rated and costs about $6,000.00.
- The 36-inch Thermador Freedom Collection has a very large freezer. It costs about $7,000.00.
- The 36-Inch Jenn-Air is a very quiet option and costs around $6,000.
- The GE Monogram offers sealed drawers. It costs about $6,000.00.
- The 36-inch KitchenAid Architect Series is also Energy Star rated and costs around $5,000.00.
Some of the Best Built in Refrigerators
If you decide that the built in refrigerators 36” are not for you, here are some of the best built in refrigerators:
- The KitchenAid 22.6 cubic foot refrigerator is a good balance between refrigerator storage and freezer storage.
- The 27-Inch Sub-Zero 700 Series comes with icemaker, and offers a good variety of door designs to match your décor.
- The Jenn-Air refrigerator also offers many door panel designs.
- Viking offers around 12 styles of refrigerator ranging in size from 30” to 48”. They all have a PlasmaCluster Ion air purification system.
- Northland offers refrigerators that are similar to what are found in restaurants. Their doors can be made from glass, stainless steel, or panels.
Liebherr offers refrigerators with a Biofresh system designed to keep the nutritional value of foods intact.
Incoming search terms:
Comments Off on Are Built In Refrigerators for You?