A small bathroom remodel is obviously not as large-scale as other types of remodels. But how do you know if your bathroom is small? A small bathroom is less than 50 square feet and can have just a sink and a toilet or have a tub and/or shower as well.
You can remodel the whole bathroom yourself, or you can remodel what you feel comfortable with such as demolition, drywall installation, and painting and hire someone for things that you may not be comfortable with such as plumbing and electricity.
Some Small Bathroom Remodel Ideas
If you choose to do the small bathroom remodel yourself, here are the steps you can expect to take:
- Decide who will be using your bathroom, how often they will be using it, and for what purposes they will be using it. If the bathroom will receive much use, it is better to get high-quality materials.
- Take measurements of everything and either draw out the plans you or use design software. Take these plans with you on all shopping trips.
- Order a dumpster or make other waste removal arrangements. Then begin demolishing the small bathroom.
- Install the necessary plumbing and electrical materials.
- Then install the cabinets, flooring, walls, and all the finishing touches.
If you are still trying to decide what kind of changes you would like in your small bathroom, these are some other ideas to get you started:
- It is necessary to consider knocking out a closet to expand the bathroom.
- You should use shallower cabinets.
- Use horizontal lines, frame-less mirrors, glass shower walls, white tiling, and floor-to-ceiling cabinets to make bathrooms appear larger.
- You need to choose a curved vanity to create a feeling of spaciousness.
- Purchase a ladder towel rack that does not require much floor space.
- You need to make use of recessed lighting and skylights.
- Install a wall-hung toilet to gain more space.
- You should place a medicine cabinet behind the mirror.
- Opt for a pedestal sink to save floor space.
How Much Does a Small Bathroom Remodel Cost?
The small bathroom remodel cost is less than what is incurred when remodeling a large bathroom because fewer materials are needed, and less time will be spent installing the new materials. Still, a homeowner can expect to start out paying between $10,000 to $15,000 depending on the size of the project and the choice of materials. Of course, you avoid paying for labor by doing it yourself. You can save up to 50% to 60% on the total price if you choose to do it yourself.
If you choose to hire professionals, you need to decide on a budget before calling them. To get estimates on how much a remodel will cost, you should try doing an Internet search for tools and calculators. This will give you an idea of a fair price. Then call in several contractors to get several estimates before deciding on one.
Small Bathroom Remodel Ideas Pictures
Comments Off on Good Choices for a Small Bathroom Remodel