Dining room chair covers, although easy to use, are often overlooked when decorating the dining room. They are much cheaper than purchasing new furniture, and the change is instantaneous. The covers can also be changed seasonally. Therefore, if your dining room chairs do not match, chair covers are the perfect option to bring unity to your décor. Furthermore, they can be found in almost any fabric choice and color choice one can think of. If you cannot find a chair cover to fit your chairs, you should try having some custom made. There are also no rules when it comes to chair covers, as you can follow any creative whim you choose. Therefore, if you are already happy with the way your chairs look but want to protect them, especially from children, look for some clear plastic covers.
Enjoying Your Dining Room Chair Covers
Depending on what kind of chair covers you select, the mood of the dining room can change. Think of dining room chair covers as clothing for your furniture. It can be casual, exotic, elegant, formal, cozy, antique, or country – it all depends on the style of chair covers you choose. Do not just buy the first set of chair covers you come across, either. Shop around until you find the perfect ones, and if you are not sure where to start, try drawing inspiration from the curtains, carpet, decorations, pictures, tablecloth, and place mats that you already have.
Dining Room Chair Slip Covers
If you have the abilities, resources, and time, you can choose to make your own dining room chair slip covers. This is a great option because you can have a custom look without paying customized prices, and these are the basic steps for making the slip covers:
- Measure the backrest width, the backrest depth, and the seat depth. The backrest depth, or length, is the distance from the top of the backrest to the top of the seat. Be sure to bring the measurements to the fabric store.
- Add 1 inch to the backrest depth and 1 inch to the backrest width. Now cut out two rectangles of this size, making sure that the pattern of the fabric is straight.
- Sew the back edges with a 1/4-inch seam.
- Measure the seat depth and width. Add 1 inch to the depth and one inch to the width. Cut one piece of this dimension.
- Sew the seat cover to the back cover with a ¼-inch seam.
- Measure around the seat of the chair and measure to the desired length of the skirt. Add 1 inch to the measurement around the chair and 1 inch to the length of the skirt.
- Sew the side seams of the skirt and then attach it to the seat cover and the back cover with ¼-inch seams.
- Hem the bottom of the skirt with a ¼-inch seam.
It would be a good idea to make a pattern or test cover for your chairs before cutting into an expensive piece of upholstery fabric. Or if you are more comfortable, you can purchase a pattern. But once you learn how to make dining room chair slip covers, the possibilities are endless.
Dining Room Chair Covers Inspirations
Incoming search terms:
Comments Off on How to Beautify Your Home With Dining Room Chair Covers